Wednesday, June 3, 2009

CRCT...a big joke


We prepared, we practiced, we pre-tested. I knew Alexis already had the material down. We had passed all the included information a half year ago...but I knew she wasn't used to standardized testing and needed to feel comfortable with the format. So- how did it go? Was she able to calmly answer the questions? Is she a good test taker? Does the test really evaluate her level? I guess we will never know...



"Dear Ms. Tucker-

There was an error with how the Reading exam was administered. Specifically, the examiner improperly read aloud the reading passages during the 1st grade test. As a result, the tests are considered invalid and will not be scored. There will not be re-testing. (etc. etc.)
Sincerely,
Georgia Virtual Academy"


This is the same proctor that spoke with an incredibly thick Jamaican accent. I love accents- but I could barely understand her and she is the one reading the passages to the first graders to mark an answer on which sounds they hear:)

Oh, well- Lex, you get an A+ in my book!

1 comment:

Aleasha said...

That is crazy!!! probably for the best though! Thanks again for having us over!!! The girls had a blast... and were tired out enough that I could put them to bed early!!!!