Thursday, August 20, 2009

Nicole is here!

Hi. I am Nicole. I am from Germany. I go to Greenbrier High. I not really
talk like zis- but Jessica is writing zis. No matter where I live, I like to do
the cheerleading, Indi music turned up really loud, drums, sitting on the
warm grass, and gouda cheese.
What I miss most about home: sidewalks; German bread; my
friends; my family; my pets- Mizi, Baghira and Jonny; Fleischwurst; the l
ake by my house, my bike, my cheerleading team, bugs, flies, some peace
and quiet while trying to do my homework. OK- my home is always loud-
but it is my music turned up and not Jessica and the kids all yelling and
running around playing hide-n-seek or ring-around-the roses.
What I enjoy most about Georgia: Jessica's sweet and sensitive
nature; not so many chores; a new cheerleading team; way easier schooling,
better marks, air conditioning in every room, greenery, eating with everyone
at the table, the mailbox is at the street, the trampoline, the big fridgerator,
the awesome four jet shower, price and look of the clothes, Target, Walmart,
the Y, so many cars, having my own room.
America Likes: bagels, cream cheese, ice cream, cool whip, Lays, Skittles,
Peanut butter crackers, Chick-Fil-A, staying up till 3 am talking to the coolest
person ever.
Don't Like: fake cheese, the word "foreigners", people who think I don't
understand but really I am just being quiet, 3 hour church, changing dirty
diapers (although I never have), getting up at 6am for school, riding the noisy
bus home, my English teacher, cleaning the dishes after Colby and Ben ate at
the same table (although I have only done it once and we had fast food), school
dress code, the kids going in my room to get their dress up clothes and then
putting all my clothes on the floor- after I took so much time to put them
away exactly in their place.

Ok- so this wasn't exactly pre-approved from Nicole's mouth- but I'm sure
I'm pretty close. Nicole is a joy to have at our house and has quickly learned
the quirks and faults of the Tuckers. We hope she will overlook these foibles
and enjoy her time with our exuberant family. I will be a happy mom if our
daughters grow up to be teenagers as responsible, dependable, and making
good choices as Nicole is. We love you, Nicole. Welcome to our family!

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I loved reading this. I found it totally interesting.

I miss sidewalks, too.

karen said...

I'm guessing it it you she istaying up late talking to. I hope Nicole comes to love your family as much as we do and has a great time living in Georgia.