Friday, August 21, 2009

Scripture time

Devotional didn't quite go as planned:
The lesson was on responsibility and how as you get older you are given
more responsibilities. I gave Ben a ball he had to take care of throughout
the lesson- if he popped it we wouldn't be able to play ball afterwards.
Daisy had the phone to call Dad, and Alexis had some candy that she
would pass out at the end if she was able to hold it and not smush or eat it.
We talked about how babies have less responsibility but can't do the fun
things, either- can't play ball, talk on the phone, or eat candy. Then, I made
the mistake of saying, if you can fit into baby clothes, you don't have to be
responsible. BIG MISTAKE. Daisy is wearing Colby's pants and Lex and
Ben are sporting his onesies. Guess that means extra duties for mom until
the "babies" get older. Humph.

6 comments:

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

Oh my this is priceless! they are so smart!

Lauren in GA said...

I hate it when an object lesson backfires. That is hilarious!

karen said...

who knew your children were so tiny that they could fit in Colby's clothes....or does that mean Colby is a really big baby?...It is a great picture, they will love it again when they are teenagers.

Tiffani Harris said...

They are too smart-always catching you in your words. Hope Lex has a great birthday tomorrow!

SARAH said...

As soon as I saw the picture, I questioned why Alexis was wearing a onesie. Now I know!

Julia said...

Oh, they get so much more than we realize. I Love all your thoughts about each of your kids. So sweet!