Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I LOVE my gym!!!

Why do I LOVE my gym?

#1 The staff are fast to respond to any improvements needed. I'm sure that any day they are going to fix the mis-calibration of the scale.

#2 The members are thoughtful. For every Nautilus machine I use, the previous member graciously moves the pin down to a weight that matches my increased strength ability. I don't have the heart to tell them that they are slightly over estimating.

#3 The lay-out is convenient. If I need a quick break, I can sit in the bikes that are positioned right in front of the TV's. Great way to keep up with concise, important current events.
Totally off topic, but did you know how funny Kelly Ripa and Ellen Degeneres are?

#4 My gym combines fun and fitness. My gym is filled with distorted mirrors. So silly and fun. It's just like going to the fair's fun house.

It reminds me of a fond childhood memory: When I was five, my grandmother was going to take me to the fair. I must have read a scientific article that stated it was safer to drive a car without a seat belt. I was taught to stand up for my convictions and not surrender to peer pressure, so Mama and Amber went without me. I wasn't bitter, though. I actually served my sister by giving all her barbies updated hairstyles.

#5 The treadmills are fantastic. There are a few treadmills that have some glitches in their display, but mine is always properly working.

Some examples of the display errors:
*The lady next to me has her mph listed as 7.3. Any functioning treadmill couldn't possibly go up that high.
*The same lady has a time displayed as 40 minutes and she isn't glistening. Although the sign is severely scratched up, I am almost positive that it reads "Please limit your treadmill use to 10 minutes." I always try to follow gym etiquette, as I'm sure she would if her screen time was correct.

I appreciate the positive feedback of the display. There is a part that counts the number of breaks you take during your work-out. I am proud to announce that mine is always at "0". I am embarrassed for my neighbor whose number is 4 or more. I'm not sure what the acronym stands for, but the initials are I.N.C.L.I.N.E.

There is a large capacity water bottle holder. It also works well for half-empty mini water bottles that you might find under the car seat in a forgotten lunch box.

#6 There is no fashion/dress code standard. They understand when mornings are tight and you show up in pajamas, flip flops, and under eye mascara. Although, I personally like to keep up with the trends. Just the other day a lady in hot pink spandex and a pink and brown sports bra was running next to me. After my cardio, strength training, and shower there happened to be another woman with the exact same outfit on that same treadmill. I'm sure Target or Walmart will carry a similar style for me.

#7 My gym is inexpensive. I choose to spend my saved money on healthy food. These items are usually grouped together in the aisle labeled "convenience". I do find it disquieting that my fellow gym buddies spend their saved money in quick fix schemes. It is obvious that pills, suctions, enhancements, and surgeries are aiding in their physique- "real" women can't look like that.

#8 Trainers are ready to assist you. I specifically remember the advice of the training team to loose weight slowly for it to stay off. To make changes gradually. I missed the rest of the class, but I can easily deduce not to throw out all the junk-food, stop eating after 10, or watch portion control for every meal. Since studies show that small steps equals success, then surely teeny tiny baby steps would be even better.

#9 Free trial membership. I am a regular that would love to show you around. Just disregard the front desk staff that looks up my name in the computer- I believe she suffers from short-term memory loss.

If you would like to meet me, just remember to bring a charged ipod. Without it, you may find that you are forgetting to increase your speed in your interval training session... because you are mentally blogging all of the reasons why you love your gym.


Disclaimer: I didn't cut the dolls' hair on the same day as the fair. I don't just wear a sports bra.

1 comment:

Tiffani Harris said...

This is AMAZING! You are so great!