Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dad is fired as a babysitter

Colby's bed/nap routine that I write down for a babysitter:

1. Give Colby a bottle
2. Turn fan on high
3. Turn off light
4. Sing Colby a song
5. Place him in bed on stomach
6. With pacifier in mouth and one in hand
7. Put blanky over him, he likes to hold it to get to sleep
8. If he cries, DON'T pick him up. Go in after 2 or 3 minutes and put him back on stomach with pacifier again and walk out.
9. Repeat until he goes to sleep. (maybe 2 or 3 times).


What happens when DAD BABYSITS:
Can you see how close Colby is to the edge of the bed? But- don't worry, little baby, I'm sure your daddy's reflexes are amazing when he is in REM sleep!

9 comments:

Aleasha said...

that is one of the best pictures i have ever seen! that cracks me up!!!!

Jannet said...

Don't worry, he has his foot! So funny!

Lauren in GA said...

Yeah, I agree with Jannet...he has his hand on his ankle...kind of like a bungee cord...in case Colby takes a dive off of the side.

Dantzel said...

I laughed out loud with this one! Too funny! Poor Rhet must be exhausted all the time (and so are you, I'm sure) but this just goes to show it. :)

Aubry T Jensen said...

This is a sweet picture. Poor Rhet. But i must say in his defense he does have his foot:) Colby is safe with him.

Jamie Martin said...

Jeremy is almost as good as Rhett. This is so funny and so true of dads everywhere.

Tiffani Harris said...

This is so Rhet! So funny and scary-maybe more funny, I can't decide.

karen said...

This is a classic! It made me smile and brought back lots of memories. I'm so glad he had Colby's foot somehow Rhet would have woken up if Colby had started to slide over the edge. I don't know how Rhet does it but he really can.

leslie coppin said...

that cracked me up. The way he's holding his leg in his sleep is classic. I do have to say we've improved a bit on our kids falling off the bed...at least compared to beren and asher, calvin has only fallen off once and that was from his brothers, I believe, although they never admitted it.