Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tour de Y


I had on my "to do" list before I turned 30 to run a marathon. There is a half-
marathon November 1 in Augusta. But frankly, running 13 miles just doesn't
appeal to me at the moment. Especially after running 13 miles, having to wear
a t-shirt that has the word "half" in it just doesn't seem fair.

INSTEAD... I am training for the Tour de Y. To qualify, you have to take 28
spinning classes before August 12. Then you "get" to be a part of the show:

Six 45 minute spinning classes back-to-back for a total of 4 1/2 hours of spinning.

The rules are:
1) can only get off the bike once for a bathroom break
2) have to keep heart rate up
3) can't stop:)

I am only on spin class number 8. That means I have to take 7 spinning classes
per week. Wish me luck!

PS No, the picture isn't me. I don't wear sports bras to exercise. That would
be scary- except to my husband, who says I always look beautiful, even in
the morning:)

5 comments:

Harris Family said...

This is a great idea! The requirements seem a bit hard...well the bathroom one. Good luck!

Aleasha said...

That picture does kinda look like you though. Sorry about Colby, but I am so happy nothing else was wrong. Good luck with the Tour de Y. Maybe next year I'll do it too!

Aubry T Jensen said...

I thought the picture was you!:) That's awesome Jessica, I should try that too! I'm starting to get fat over here and need to do something. Goodluck!

Lauren in GA said...

You are so awesome, Jessica!

karen said...

You are amazing! I think if "the Beave" (Leave it to Beaver) had a show today, you could be the Mom.