Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

(Picture Aubry took at fireworks)


As a new blogger, I would like to be able to share knowledge that I have acquired. Recently, I have some new information that would be extremely useful to any residents of the Augusta area. If you go to see the fireworks for the 4th, don't sit in the amphitheater! We had a grand time eating funnel cakes and sno cones- but the fireworks that we waited over an hour to see was completely blocked by trees. Oh darn.

Grandma, Grandpa, Aubry, and Ryan are visiting us for a few days. It is so nice to have family here! There are adults to talk to when Rhet is at work. Rhet got help in the remodeling of the bathroom and it now has a working toilet (oooo, ahhh). I have had the first help in changing poopy diapers since we starting using cloth. Thanks, Grandma! (Ok, Rhet did it once. Once. Then literally threw in the towel!) The kids LOVE their Aunt Aubry and Uncle Ryan-although a little space and time to sleep in would probably be welcomed. The dishes are getting done not only every day, but at EVERY meal (unheard of around these parts). We have people to play our beloved games at night- instead of the boring TV. I've been sleeping in every day. I can leave to do errands whenever I want. The kids see that we aren't the only ones that love them and think they are great. Grandma can show me all her secrets to making her recipes the right way. Ben is learning how to smile for the camera from all the pictures that Aubry takes. I don't have to do my hair or put on make-up, even though "company" is here. Apparently, Rhet doesn't have to change his t-shirt. But really, although these things are great bonuses...we just miss the family being close and being able to see them more.
(beach scene that Rhet created using sparklers)

No comments: