Monday, July 7, 2008

Blessing

Rhet gave me a pretty awesome blessing of comfort yesterday. I have been feeling pretty huge and my body hasn't been cooperating with this pregnancy. He just helped me to remember the things I need to slow down on and to rest more. I guess I don't always need to entertain the kids with big events. Easier said than done- it is so much easier to keep them happy when they aren't bored! But- good advice to keep my feet up and go to sleep earlier to help with my restless legs. It was nice to think that God is happy with the effort I am giving, even if I see how impatient I can be and how lethargic I am with the kids.



I have been visiting family in Florida, and right after that family came to visit here. Now Rhet is in his Prosthodontic program and life will be grossly different for me for the next three years. I have just loved to have family around and took it for granted in our early marriage. It is so wonderful to have people near that want to take care of you, love your kids as much as you do, and that you can just be yourself (whatever mood that means) in front of them.




I also am trying to come to terms with Rhet having to work more. He is such a great dad- helps with dishes, cooking, diapers, putting kids to bed, getting the kids energy out, being a kid himself, and over-all just knowing what they need and how to make it better. Even more than that, he is such a great husband. He makes me laugh when I am in a bad mood, tries to get me to talk/cry through any emotions I am having, tells me I am sexy and beautiful when I think I am at my worst, always puts my mind at ease, I can tell him anything and he brings out the best in me. I wonder how that is going to work out with him being gone so much. I am proud of him for pursuing his passion and had to twist his arm to let him know that we support him and are cheering him on- but he will surely be missed and it won't be the same around this house. And, I might be doing a lot more blogging with my extra time. Talking to myself seems to be pretty good therapy.

3 comments:

leslie coppin said...

cute blog. I didn't know rhet was going to start a residency. Tell him congrats!! How does it all work out with the military? And when are you due again? I forgot. All your kids are growing up so fast. I'm glad you'll have a little one to take the "baby" place.

Aleasha said...

I love the blog. its way cute! we really need to get together sometime. i am going out of town for a while, but lets try sometime when i get back!!!

Harris Family said...

Mom told me about what happened at the doctor the other day-I'm glad everything is ok. Kinda a weird doctor though! We are thinking about and praying for you guys. Oh, and Jess you always look great-even 9 months pregnant-you are simply gorgeous!