Saturday, July 19, 2008

God answers weird prayers

I had a great week with my older sister, Amber and her son, Luke. .We went to the zoo, let the kids play all day, created her a blog, went to the movies and dinner, and had a very exciting finale' to our adventures...
There was quite an accident in Daisy's room that one of the kids desperately tried to clean up themselves, creating a "little" more of a mess. Needless to say, who was there to save the day...


Oh, yes- the Kirby vacuum cleaner sales man. I normally don't like to answer the door to salesmen, for I have the tendency to give in and buy the product. However, this was such a blatant answer to our unasked prayer to be able to get the stains out without being stressed and scrubbing for days. The offer to get in the door was to vacuum a room for free. Well, just let me show you to that room!! The Kirby did pretty good, and Rhet finished up the rest when he got home. And, I just thought it was pretty cool that Heavenly Father cares about the exact same things that I do- even if it is just getting the carpets cleaned.

And, although I didn't have $1, 800 to buy the product- I would recommend it to anyone and would like to say a personal thank you to Matt (or was it Mark). You are truly a hero.

3 comments:

Amber Stuart said...

I have to say that I was quite surprised myself. I guess it was a good idea that I stayed an extra day. That incident would have taken place in the rental car, and I wouldn't have gotten any extra coverage either.

A big thank you goes to you and Rhet for the hospitality. I had such a fun and relaxing time. I tried to stretch it a few more days, but I had to go home sometime. We will live close one day. :)

Elise the Beast said...

jess u should name the baby ,chandler
love,
elise

Amber Stuart said...

I hope Daisy's room smells like normal again.

I went with Mom to NHS for Autumn. She has an appt. on Aug 5, so I guess they will be coming after that. Just FYI.