Friday, January 2, 2009

Family pictures

Family pictures. Oh the joy! This is what you see...
Me, dad, sisters Jaime, Amber, and Autumn
Me, Jaimers, Al, AJ
Nana, Grampy, Grandkids:Luke, Colby, Benjamin, Alexis, Elise, Daisy Jaime and husband, David
Amber and husband Brett
mom and dad, Gaye and Bill
Alexis, let's play in the sand AFTER pictures
Behind the scenes...
THIS is what happens in order to get the first pictures.
"Girls, stick your heads around Ben. Hurry, I am about to drop your brother."
"She is squishing me." "No I am not!" "Are, too!" "Ben, just a few more. Please smile and unfold your arms. PLEASE smile. I'll give you a cookie after. I'll give you two treats. You won't have to take a nap." "Alexis, it is too fair. You never have to take a nap. Yes, all of you can get two treats if you smile."
Jess-lose the blanket, Amber- your hair is fine and lose the glasses.
Ben, quit pulling down Nana's shirt. Jaime-it isn't cold.
Brett-smile. Grampy, Alexis, Daisy, Autumn, Luke- Look this way.
WHERE'S DAVID AND RHET???
Elise, thank you- practically perfect in every way.
"Man, that sand sure does look nice to play in. This is boring," thinks Luke.
Alexis- let's wait till after all the pictures to throw crackers to the birds.Where are the three boxes of snacks I brought for the kids?
An hour later...
Things to do: give kids treats, go to a restaurant, aplogize for being bossy about people hurrying (and grabbing arms to put people in place), thank yoiu note to Brett's mom for taking pictures, redo my "beach hair" (Yes, I combed my hair for pictures. Straightened and nice. Thank you, Florida humidity), get pictures to CVS before their 10c special ends,
TAKE A NAP!!!
Oh, and for those that haven't seen me in a while and are thinking, "Oh, how cute, Jess gained a few pounds but what a sweet family." Well, first of all- RUDE. Second of all, see that little baby...well, fat baby, it's mine. I gave birth to a huge meloned baby two months ago. I have to eat twice my normal diet to keep him satisfied. Give me a break! (and a year or two)

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Those pictures are amazing and I am cracking up at the commentary of behind the scenes!

Harris Family said...

Hahaha-looks like a fun day taking photos! You all look great. I love the photo of the grandkids with your parents-so cute!