Sunday, November 15, 2009

Halloween Trick...or just plain sneaky?

So, on Halloween, the kids and I sent Rhet on an errand to Lowe's. Then we decided to decorate the house for Christmas a LITTLE early... complete with Christmas tree, lights, stockings, and ornaments (yes, we are fast!)
We said it was all in the name of a Halloween TRICK...
but who am I kidding: I love Christmas. I love the huge blow up yard decorations, the smell of cinnamon brooms that can knock you out if you get too close, the hay rides, the hot chocolate and marshmallows sitting by the fake fire, the darkness at 6:00 and the kids think it is time for bed, the opportunity to remember service, the excuse to spend money on airplane tickets and gas to spend time with family...
SHOOT, I'll admit it (partly because Rhet never reads my blog) - I had no intention whatsoever of waiting till the day after Thanksgiving!
It was pretty funny when trick-or-treaters came to the door and saw Christmas inside! I'm thinking of keeping it up till April and claiming an "April Fool's Day" joke. Whatever works to keep the holidays present "in my heart". Plus, I HATE, I HATE, I HATE putting it all down. Perish the thought of that dreadful day!

Mmmmm, can it be Christmas forever??... Why, YES, it can!!!!

4 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I love Christmas, too. You are wise...this way you can enjoy the fun a lot longer.

Those pictures of Colby are hilarious.

Cecilee said...

I L.O.V.E. the pics of Colby! Don't be suprised if you see Kason in the same sort of situation for his Christmas pics:) After all, immitation is the highest form of flattery;)lol

Aubry T Jensen said...

I cant believe how big and older Colby looks! I havent seen a picture of him in forever. WOW NELLY! He is so cute, and looks a little like Daisy:) and I love that you already decorated for Christmas. I wish i could but we have 0 decorations for any holiday:( I have been listening to Christmas music since mid October though:) Love it! and love the pictures

Aubry T Jensen said...

priceless pictures.