Monday, November 16, 2009

No computer= freedom?

OR
Come to Jessica's house and realize that we aren't in pioneer times, so if your computer and cell phone decide to die in the same week... you are thoroughly, how should I put this?... in trouble. That is how everyone communicates, my dear. You still will get important emails- people just think you are a flake for not being where you need to be. You will still get voice messages-people just think you are a snot for not returning them. So- in other words, DON'T come to Jessica's house (plus, I would have to clean.) DON'T let your son play with your cell phone and suck on it (I like to think it was the sucking and that it never landed in the toilet), and DON'T try to download crazy stuff from youtube. It isn't worth the experience!
I much rather cook on an open fire and leave my lights off to get that pioneer sensation. I would say take away my car, as well- but stranded with four kids ALL day in one little house would just seem wrong. Sorry, Laura Ingalls Wilder, we'll just stick to reading about your day!

No comments: