Sunday, February 15, 2009

Camping


Woo hoo. I love camping. And the best part EVER-
the kids are finally at a stage where they will just go in the tent and go to bed. I got to sit at the fire and talk! It was so much funner than watching TV, doing the dishes, or even blogging.
So- if you happen to be go camping...INVITE US.
We can put Lex in charge of the small wondering kids, let Daisy take care of roaming dogs, and let Ben use his weapons to defend the fort. Colby is merely there for entertainment purposes. But next time, for my own sake, I am going to write a list of things necessary for camping:

1. flashlight (one per kid is preferable- but one at all will do)
2. lantern that is CHARGED
3. battery controlled noise machine
4. hot dogs for the kids while grown-up food is cooking that the kids won't eat anyway
5. peanut butter cups for smores, instead of Hersheys
6. my own portable toilet and not the one that has no running water and a urinal
7. LONG skewers and not the short ones that allow the hair off your knuckles to be singed.
8. Extra tennis shoes for when you get too close to the fire, and the glue from your soles melt.
9. Ponchos for the kids-just in case.
10. Hot chocolate
11. camera

Things I won't need at my next camp-out:
1. 2 space heater fans
2. Two really long extension cords
3. A box fan
4. Change of clothes (we always wind up in the same outfit day to day)
5. Sparklers (Uh oh-Did the forest ranger see that?)
6. Toys
7. Science lesson for Habitats. Games for habitats. Yeah right. That was gonna happen.
8. Fishing gear
9. Worms for fishing (that Daisy felt we needed to "free" to the wild)
10. Two bags of marshmellows- because the children will then eat two bags of marshmellows!

3 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Great lists!!! I don't like having the hair singed off of my knuckles either.

Colby is great for entertainment!

Aleasha said...

thanks for the sweet comment!

Aubry T Jensen said...

Hey Jessica! I heard from my mom last night that yall all got tickets to come for the wedding. YEAH! I am so excited. I cant wait to see yall and get married:)Plus, Michael and I are going to be staying around for a few days so that we can see and hang out with the family. Im so excited! Yeah! Thanks for coming!!!