Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Tag I

This was an email tag. It took a while to respond to the answers- so why not post...

1. Do you like blue cheese? I can't stand that it is in my fridge. (AND Rhet likes Eggnog. Where is this guy from?) Thousand Island all the way! Made for hamburgers, tacos, chicken, and oh, yeah...salad

2. Have you ever had "smoked" salmon?Accidentally ordered it once. Got my fishes confused. (The plural is fish if you are talking about the same type of fish and fishes if it is a different species. Thank you 1st grade grammar) And I will never mistake salmon with trigger again!

3. Do you own a gun? No, but we have discussed it. Want the kind with the fingerprint security case- but it is a little pricey.

4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite? strawberry kiwi. What do you mean, "was" my favorite. Yumm.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Nah. Too many kids for that- I don't even blink at GYN appts. Come on in, interns. I was embarrassed, though- when I was crying at an appt like a loony-toons from baby blues. The lady just asked, "How I was doing". She just wanted a "Fine" and to take my blood pressure, not the REAL answer. (so, if you ask me how I am doing... you better mean it!)

6. What do you think of hot dogs? I don't think about hot dogs. I just load on the chilli, cheese, mustard, and onions and make sure it is a foot long.

7. Favorite Christmas movie? Anything new. I don't like watching movies more than once.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I normally am out the door late, so I try to grab a glass of OJ as breakfast to make me think I am kind of getting some nutrition.

9. Can you do push ups? Yeah. Girly style.

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? don't have one. Don't really wear it. I have tried to for church, but Ben and Daisy have broken necklace latches off my neck, a bracelet rolled under a pew and got lost and my wedding ring lost a diamond. It is just safer to stick with my titanium band and call it good.

11. Favorite hobby? Reading. Writing things that I think are cute on my blog, and then reading them the next day after I am well rested, and wondering what I was thinking. Used to be exercising before Colby. Love those endorphins!

12. Do you have A.D.D.? No. But I'm not sure I would answer "yes"' and send it off to a bunch of people to know in a chain email... so don't ask me about any other "special needs" so I can stay honest.

13. What's one trait you hate about yourself? selfishness

14. Middle name? Jean

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. How does Rhet fall asleep in front of the TV, I wish I could do that. I need to turn in the library books before 10, so I don't get charged another late day for 30 checked out books. I need to go to bed, but first I need to throw out the leftover brownies before I do-so that Ben doesn't eat them for breakfast while I am getting my extra half hour of sleep. (ok, hour, but don't tell Rhet)

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Orange juice and water... I regularly crave root beer, but don't keep it in the house. It is hard to tell the kids no to it, when they see me drinking cans in the middle of the night like a junkie.

17. Current worry? Car trip to Florida with Colby who hates his car seat and the kids who can't sit next to each other, but all want to see the DVD.

18. Current hate right now? weeds, hearing "mom" said like a curse word, the year going by too fast, standing in line at the post office at this time of year, the steep incline up to my house.

19. Favorite place to be? Six flags, no lines, overcast, weekday-with adults

20. How did you bring in the New Year for 2008? Flying home from Michigan.

21. Where would you like to go? Cruise anywhere. Pyramids in Egypt, Nicaragua, Italy, kids to Disney World

22. Name three people who will complete this? Not Rhet, Brett, or Dad

23. Do you own slippers? of course, leopard print.

24. What shirt are you wearing right now? Boring brown shirt with boring green skirt. Sad, but it is the same outfit I wore to the "dress up like a pioneer Christmas party". I need to buy myself some clothes post Christmas sales- no more fooling myself with "I'll wait till I lose the baby pounds and wear my old clothes".

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I would prefer not to have sheets. So much easier to make in the mornings. Just got egyptian cotton ones, though. I guess if you whine enough- eventually you will win. Just, Rhet, don't tell the kids that.

26. Can you whistle? No. thanks for bringing it up.

27. Favorite color: Lime green. Pink and Brown. Silver.

28. Would you be a pirate? As in, would I be a pirate in a play- or would I steal someone's things because I want them? Amber, do I need to bring a locked suitcase to your house?

29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Don't sing. It might bring attention to myself and the kids would realize I was in the shower and come bug me. What am i talking about- I don't shower. Thanks to Mama- I can just excuse that last comment on the "excema"

30. Favorite girl's name? This is like picking a favorite dipping sauce.

31. Favorite boy's name? This is like picking my "most embarrassing moment" "best memory" or "happiest day of my life" Can't I get a question like, "What is your dream car?" Nevermind, I wouldn't know the make or model for that, either. Just the title, "The pretty green one that is cute."

32. What's in your pocket right now? No pockets. But I normally have a spare pacifier, keys, cell phone, debit card. I don't like to carry a purse. That one side always looks a little weird, though.

33. Last thing that made you laugh? Helping Daisy read and there were a couple of sight words in a row that she didn't know, so I basically said the word and she repeated, said the next word, she repeated. Then there was a word she could read, but I said "vowel team" to give her the hint to make the first vowel long and the second silent (Ex. lean. When a vowel team goes a walking, the first one does the talking:) And she repeated "Vowel team" like that is what the book said. For some reason it cracked both of us up, cause she is always trying to guess the words using the pictures, without trying. We laughed for about 10 minutes. Writing it out sounds dumb, though.

34. Best bed sheets as a child? I think the Strawberry shortcake sheets were mine. HEY! Were they a hand-me-down???? Why does this questionaire have two questions about sheets?

35. Worst injury you've ever had? Does childbirth count? Colby's shoulder was broke because of it, so it should count.

36. Do you love where you live? Sure. I love being closer to my side of the family, but I miss Philly. So much culture and chance to really help other adults. Here there isn't much to do except a plate of cookies or a meal to someone sick. I like the weather, but Christmas is weird in a T-shirt

37. Who is your loudest friend?None. I feel like I am the loudest.

38. How old are you? 30 and I love it. Now when people in Walmart ask me if all my kids are mine or give me that "you are white trash look with your 4 kids being 18 years old" I can say, "I AM THIRTY!"

39. How many dogs do you have? None. Thought about it, but all we have to do is babysit one or see someone else's yard and then we snap out of it. Of course, other people say the same thing about babies. (Not the part about seeing someone else's yard, though.) What is my problem? Why can't I just answer the questions with one word answers like normal people???

40. Does someone have a crush on you? my refrigerator (oh, that is my crush), Ben (literally, as in crush me by running into me), and Colby (literally, as in crushed to my chest in a pouch), and Rhet...nope, he is straight up "in love with my smokin' self" as he says:)

41. What is your favorite book? I love to read, but I basically forget the book after I read it. Don't ask me titles, authors, or character names. I can give great summaries, though. (Uh, that one guy got the other's girl and then they moved to that cold place)

42. What is your favorite candy? I prefer chocolate chip cookies/pumpkin chocolate chip cookies/mint chocolate chip cookies/m+m chocoalte chip cookies/or chocolate chip chocolate cookies.

43. Favorite Sports Team? I guess I'll say the team in red. Their uniforms are more stylish. (Did you think my lack for details just counted for car types, book titles, and characters? Oh, no- it extends to TV., movies, famous people, political figures, world leaders, and sports team names)

44. What songs do you want played at your funeral? I'd prefer not to have a funeral. The world is pretty nuts- second coming can't be all that far away... but if it must happen, then please don't let Ben pick the songs for me. We went caroling yesterday and found ourselves belting out "ABCD" with a plate of cookies.

3 comments:

Jannet said...

Jessica,
you and I should be better frieds. I think we have the same answers on so many of these! Why don't we talk or hang out more? because I worked and you homeschool with 4 kids maybe. And I am the biggest introvert ever if I am not typing. After Christmas call me, we can meet at the library with our crazy kids and crying babies. They will be so happy to see us!

Jessica Parnell Tucker said...

Or we could go to the Y again and throw them all in the nursery while we "exercise" hah hah at the snack bar:)
Problem being that my overly protective husband will have a heart attack if we leave our "precious babies" at that "germ infested, unattended crazy place where children under 2 get traumatized for life". (Ok, not a direct quote- but close!) Maybe McDonald's then? :)

Jessica Parnell Tucker said...

Another thing we have in common...getting on the computer for "me" time late at night when we REALLY should be sleeping!