Friday, December 19, 2008

Put the Christ in Christmas Part III

I am always looking for thoughtful ideas for family presents to let them know we are really thinking of them. Is this as impossible to do for you as it is for me?
Please comment if you have any ideas that I could possibly use for next year.

One thing we did for grandparents this year was a personalized photo frame. The kids wrote on the mat around the picture. I'm posting cause Rhet didn't get to see the finished product. Hopefully, they will enjoy it, cause getting them to practice writing neat and the correct spelling before they could put it in ink on the mat was, well- let's just say it sounded like a good idea before I started. I think they turned out cute, though.



If you can't read Ben's response under the picture of Colby crying, it says, "I want to tell that lady I want a toy." Purely angelic.




3 comments:

Jannet said...

I made four copies of the geneology art project Diane did on Super saturday and framed it and sent it out. Easy and cheap. I will show mine if you want.

Last year I made seasonal placemats for both sets of grandparents. I saved up all the kids art projects from the year. I sorted them by season, added captions or titles, some seasonal die cuts, and then mounted the odd sized ones all on 11x17 paper. I laminated them all, rolled them up in a mailing tube and sent them off. No paper clutter for me, no guilt for throwing away master pieces. And grandma and grandpa get to eat of my kids art work all year long.
I am going to use some of your ideas for next year, thanks for sharing!

Jessica Parnell Tucker said...

I wasn't at that Super Saturday. You'll have to show me. Sounds good.
Awesome idea about the placemats! I wonder if I can keep the artwork all year...I am really bad about making it to the end of the day. I get in trouble if I don't "Hide" the papers under a few layers of trash first.

Lauren in GA said...

I love that idea!!!!!!!