Friday, December 19, 2008

Sweet Babies

There are a few things that are hard about babies. But let me tell you why they are so wonderful...






*they don't talk back

*they don't play with the microwave

*they don't whine. If they cry, it is usually for a real reason

*it is ok if they go to the bathroom in their pants

*they eat all of their dinner

*they don't break a glass and plate at the same sitting

*they don't turn on the TV without permission and watch A Birthing Story while you are cleaning the bathroom

*they don't worry about anyone but themselves.

*they don't tattle

*they don't steal all of the covers

*it isn't rude when they pass gas

*it isn't a huge mess when they throw up

*they don't run across the street without looking

*they don't get out of their seatbelt in the car

*they don't push the car alarm on your keys

*they get you out of any soliciting phone calls, door-to-door salesmen, or church classes that you don't want to go to. (Did I just say that out loud?)

*they are so darn cute


5 comments:

Jannet said...

I love this list! So very true!

I am going to add to it:

They never complain about what's for dinner.
They cry because they want to go to bed, not get out of it.
They never run away and hide in the store, mall, or doctor's office.
They are the perfect excuse for whatever you forgot or where just unable to do.

Jessica Parnell Tucker said...

I need to give you access to editing my posts. Perfect, just perfect additions!

Anonymous said...

I finally know what I want for Christmas!!!!! My own jet! Colby is soo precious - and has grown soo quickly! And I miss sweet (and staged) smiles from Ben, having a "puppy" by my side, and Alexis telling me cute stories!

Harris Family said...

That photo of Lexi and Colby is so so so cute! Love the list!

Lauren in GA said...

Tears are streaming down my cheeks from laughter! Especially about watching a Birthing Story while you are cleaning the bathroom!! This list was fabulous and I loved Jannet's additions...especially about crying about what is for dinner.