Friday, December 19, 2008

Messiah


Wanted to let Rhet know I was SO proud of him. (Of course, I will now have to tell him to read the blog). We sang in a concert of Messiah on Tuesday night. He was very nervous, especially because the dress was "black out" and he only had a dark green shirt. I gave him a water bottle and a pencil as he walked onto the stage- I told him that was the trick to make everyone think he was a professional. He felt out of place and doesn't know how well he can sing (makes me fall in love all over again to hear him belt it out). I admit, Handel's Messiah is not exactly the best place to start for sight-reading. But it was nice to make music and really neat to be right behind the orchestra and see up close the interaction of the instruments. What a great date! (Our first time leaving Colby, by the way- that was the hardest part for Rhet. Not so much for me.)






Winter 2008 Concert: Handel's MESSIAH

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 7:30 PM West Acres Baptist Church
The MESSIAH featureing the Columbia County Civic Orchestra and a MASS CHOIR from across the CSRA, conducted by Rob Nordan. Choral singers should come and bring a choral score of Handel's MESSIAH. Meet in the choir loft behind the full orchestra.

No comments: