Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Tag II

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mother Nature in me says "Neither" Recycled trash bags or coloring pictures from the kids...although the real deal sure does look nice
2. Real tree or Artificial? Once again, I don't want to kill a poor tree every year, (or pay $60 each year) But I agree that the smell sure is nice.
3. When do you put up the tree? Rhet won't let me until the day after Thanksgiving. I tried getting it down from the attic once. Won't happen again- the kids almost lost their mother. Maybe one day I'll talk him into the day after Halloween, like all the stores do.
4. When do you take the tree down? Oh, I thought it was like the Dixie Chicks song about the Christmas lights outside and you just leave it up.
5. Do you like eggnog? SICK. YUCK. GIVE ME A CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE TO TAKE AWAY THE THOUGHT.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Trampoline, baby. Didn't know you could jump off the balcony onto the tramp and not break anything, did ya?
7. Hardest person to buy for? Grandparents and parents. They have everything-yet you want it to be the best to show them how much they mean to you.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My two month old. Here is some new pacifiers, Colby. Merry Christmas
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes--three. Trying to cram the idea that Jesus is the Reason for the season. Although, I have yet to inspire Daisy NOT to play with the two breakable ones.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? This is my first year mailing. I thought it would be harder than it is. Oops, should of realized that EIGHT years ago, before I lost touch of a lot of friends contact info. Still don't have photos for the cards. I figure if I wait for that, it will be eight more years. Love getting either.
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year I asked for "Umbros". Everyone else wore them, but they were expensive. I got 4 or 5 pair and that was basically my Christmas. Then I went to school and all the "cool" boys made fun of me for wearing them cause I didn't play soccer. I never wore that "Christmas" again. Another was the year I said I wanted "pig" stuff to start a little collection. I got pig children's books, figurines, stuffed animal pigs, pig earrings, pig Christmas ornaments, etc, etc, etc. I WAS FOURTEEN. I thought I was so jipped. Now I think it was hilarious and still have all my pig stuff. (Although, now I am careful to say anything that I want for fear that it will become a yearly tradition and chuckle. Although I do like snow globes. Should I have said that?)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story is a tradition, but I don't really like it. Elf is pertty funny. That Nightmare Before Christmas sure did freak me out. Just plain weird. Also like Polar Express.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I can never wait. I have to wait to make myself buy the gifts, or I will give them to the person early. It is so hard to wait with the five presents I have for the kids already. They will get presents from family while we are there. They could play with it now. Why bring it in the car to Florida. I could come up with reasons all day. Luckily, Grandma is doing 12 days of Christmas so we get to open one a day.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Heck ya. Those cookies in a jar are so cute- they make the perfect gift for neighbors. Was I supposed to be the one that made it? Just kidding, neighbors- I really did make them. Just ask my husband who came home with dinner and no where to put it.


15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? sausage balls, pigs in a blanket (little wieners in biscuits with jelly) chocolate covered coconut, hot chocolate, apple cider, smell of cinnamon sticks. A whole lot- where Rhet starts coughing and wheezing cause it is so strong.
16. Lights on the tree? Um, yes. Perfectly put on where there are no holes and you don't see a lot of wires. Err. You fail, Rhet. You could never make it past my mom's inspection.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night (as long as high notes are on key), Messiah
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Never stayed home without extended family. Considering we are a family of 6, it will have to happen sooner or later- but will it even feel like Christmas waking up to...just us?
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Can I eat an entire plate of Christmas goodies meant for the family?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One Christmas Eve, rest in morning, if you could consider it morning when the sun isn't up yet. Yes, dad- it has been 30 years, we will be opening a present on Christmas Eve- get over it already!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Bells collector people outside of stores. If it was going to homeless or shelters or something, I wouldn't care- but Goodwill? I get clothes and stuff from there. I don't get it. A shirt still costs $5. Am I missing something? Other annoying things- 5 extra pounds. (OK, 10)
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love my homemade ones from growing up. Rhet has one for each year of his life. Those are great. We are doing the same for our kids.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Apple pie. Why not have Thanksgiving dinner all over again. The New Year is the perfect time to start that healthy lifestyle living.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A magic button not to have to drive more than an hour to see all of our family. Unlimited sky miles to visit- if the button thing doesn't work out. To be out of dental school debt. A cruise-without kids. Rhet to have a month off. Oh, maybe I should stop now.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Not Rhet, but maybe he'll read it to get some Christmas gift ideas:) JUST KIDDING. Don't you dare get some crazy, expensive present and act like it was OK cause I put it in mass email, being facetious. (Oh, sorry for the rest of you that got to witness that argument and flaw in our marriage. Rhet, the one that wants to get the most outlandish present for the "shock effect." So not worth it when the credit card bill comes.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Jannet said...

Thanks for the cookies in a jar- even if they are recycled, I will take cookies any time! And you kids are cute carolers.
If you find a magic button, tell me! I want one, too.

Anonymous said...

We made the same cookie jars! (Okay..so the jars weren't recycled - we bought them at Walmart!) Elise and Autumn helped, but there was first a little flour war, and it looked more like the Three Stooges! And..I'm concerned that baking soda and powder didn't get in all the jars (wasn't my job!) so when I gave some out to those I visit teach - I told them to make a batch and if they didn't rise, to add baking powder and soda!!! (Actually, I was hoping they would just use it as a decoration -- just in case!!!!) And we didn't have Ben to sing the ABC song. So, ours weren't nearly as cool as yours were!! :)